POSITION: INTERNAL AUDITOR
The United Church of Zambia seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position of INTERNAL AUDITOR to be based at Synod Office in Lusaka.
The position of Internal Auditor reports to the General Secretary and collaborates with The Financial Secretary in the planning and execution of timely audits thereby ensuring the efficient and effective control of the financial systems of the Church. The position is of permanent and pensionable tenure and governed by The Terms and Conditions of Service of The UCZ Lay Church Workers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be a Zambian National aged between 25 and 55 years
- Must possess a minimum of bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification. Specialised training in managerial and strategic compliant auditing is an added advantage
- Must have a minimum of Three (3) years relevant work experience in a reputable Organization
- Must have Sound analytical skills and attention to details
- Must have Sound knowledge of payroll preparation including PAYE and Pension computation using latest accounting/payroll packages
- Must be Computer literate with high proficiency in Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and publisher.
- Must have Supervision experience, a team player with good communication skills
- Should be able to create sound relationships with Financial Institutions, and statutory bodies such as ZRA and NAPSA, with knowledge of the relevant Tax Regime and preparation of returns.
- Knowledge of investments and portfolio Analysis is desired
- Must have experience in preparation of Financial statements
- Must have experience in managing donor funds
- Must have a clean valid driving License and willing to travel extensively
- Must be a devoted Christian, preferably a member of The UCZ.
Candidates who meet the above criteria should send in applications to the address below, not later than 25th May, 2018:
The General Secretary
The United Church of Zambia
P.O Box 50122