The United Church of Zambia Theological College was founded in 1949 by the United Church of Zambia at Kashinda Mission in Mporokoso District. It moved to its current site in the city of Kitwe in 1961. It has a teaching staff of 22, which includes both full and part time staff. 84 students were registered in 2006 of which 24 were women and 60 men. Students come from Zambia, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya and Malawi.
The college offers the BTh Degree in its 3 year program, Diploma in Theology (3 years) and the Certificate in Diaconal Ministry (2 years). The college is affiliated to the University of the Western Cape in south Africa. It is a full member of the Association of Theological Colleges in Eastern Africa (ATIEA), Nairobi, Kenya and it is registered with the Technical Vocational and Educational Training Authority (TEVETA).